|Apple Hill Farm
580 Mountain Road
(N.H. Route 132)
Concord, NH 03301
APPLE HILL FARM
Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
4 1/2 cups rhubarb stalks cut into 1-inch pieces (don't use
the stringy pieces or leaves)
1 1/2 cups strawberries, stemmed and sliced (frozen or
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tbsp. of quick cooking tapioca
1 tsp. of grated orange peel
2 tbsp white sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup of milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup melted white chocolate bits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. In a bowl mix the rhubarb with the strawberries with
the sugar, tapioca and orange zest. Let it blend together
in a bowl for 30 min to an hour.
2. In a medium bowl combine 2 tbsp of sugar, one cup of
flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
3. Cut the 1/4 cup butter in with a fork or a pastry
blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbles. Stir
in the 1/4 cup of milk and one egg until just moistened.
4. Pour fruit into a 2-quart casserole dish. Drop the
batter on the fruit. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35
minutes until cobbler crust is golden brown.
5. Drizzle white chocolate bits over the top.
Serve with whipped creme. (optional)